:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Sunday, March 23, 2003 ::

I wish the news would stop talking about this POW video. I give the media credit, though. Of the three different news networks I was watching all afternoon, none of them showed the video (I actually don't know if they would have been allowed to). They did talk about it non-stop though. I'm starting to get the feeling that when the war doesn't move as fast as the media can report it, they feel the need to elaborate on things that feed this country's hunger for sick details. I think it's important for the public to know that the Geneva Convention was violated, and that 12 of our soldiers were captured, but every reporter went into detail about how disgusting it was, and then they interviewed people who had seen it so that they could tell the viewers how horrible it was. I wanted them to focus more on what was happening with the soldier who killed his commanding officer, how talks with Turkey are going, where our troops are in relation to where they need to be, how civilians are treating them, etc. I don't know, I guess I just don't want this to be any more depressing than it has to be.

...
:: Spooky 10:45 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?