:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Thursday, March 13, 2003 ::

Spooky's Back! My 2 month long house sitting job has ended and I'm officially back on campus, and back to my computer-yay. I missed you guys! Oh, and I've got a thought (yes just one) to share with y'all. Most people who know me, know that I'm a concert fan, actually I have this bizarre and often dangerous obsession with front and center at standing room only shows, but that's not part of my thought. I'm a concert fan (that is part of my thought) and I've been making some observations about shows in the last year and a half. I've noticed that every artist feels the need to add his/her/their political two cents to the performance. The December before last, Saliva got the crowd to chant curses at Bin Laden (which, I'll admit, was a lot of fun), but more recently the comments, outbursts, and jokes have gotten out of control. Most recently, I was at a Mudvayne show and the lead singer stopped to "give a big F*CK YOU" to Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, and "for being a greedy, money hungry, moron, just trying to finish daddy's war"~approx quote, President Bush. Now, I'm a fan of every individual engaging in freedom of speech, but I wasn't happy about the use of an entertainment platform for the purpose of anti-Bush propaganda. I paid for a ticket to see a musical performance and it upsets me that I was unknowingly contributing to a political campaign. I may be way off here, but I really don't think I should have to research and assess a band's political affiliations before I decide to buy a ticket to see them live. I'd like to think I can decide to attend a concert based on the quality of music (and estimated pit size).

...
:: Spooky 10:58 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?