:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 ::

Women. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. I am a woman, and I agree with this statement. (By the way, I apologize for not posting as much as I promised. I was actually given a project to do when I got to work this morning! Damn them for making me earn my money!) :) This story that I found on FoxNews.com is just a preview of the stuff that I have to read tonight. I have to read Backlash for class tomorrow. We also have to do a one page response to the reading, so I think I'm going to have to include stuff like this in my bitching.
The revised 65-page report issued on Sept. 26 in time to influence the California election, states in the introduction: "This is action research with a social justice agenda. It does not profess to be unbiased or neutral." Thus, the report eliminates any confusion about its representing an objective evaluation of data.
And an even better reason to love NOW is shown here:
The report indicates how to deal with criticism of this agenda. "Identify the parties responsible for the perpetuation of problems related to false syndromes, 'fluid' joint custody laws, evaluations and counsel for children. Establish the connection between those parties and fraudulent nonprofit continuing education and support organizations [fathers' rights groups]" and sue under RICO statutes for "conspiracy to violate the rights of women. ... Along with damages suit, sue for declaratory relief, making ... mandatory joint custody, mandatory psychological evaluations and mandatory mediation unconstitutional."
RICO, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, was meant to fight against organized crime by allowing those harmed financially by a pattern of crime to bring action in state or federal court for damages amounting to three times their actual harm, plus costs. But CA NOW wants to use the RICO Act to criminalize dissent on custody matters.
And they wonder why many women won't use, or at least question using the F word.

...
:: Bitter 11:34 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?