:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Monday, November 18, 2002 ::

Campus Protests So remember last week when I promised to report on a campus walk out against the war? Well the professor asked at the beginning of class who would be was planning to walk out. Then, to my utter surprise, everyone started making jokes. "Did you hear Saddam agreed to the inspectors?" "Yeah and all because he heard that if he didn't, *college name here* girls would have to walk out of class." It was great. They were actually funny at the time. Then the professor started in. After a few jokes by him (he was also amused by the armbands), he said that he would schedule the break in the seminar for that time. I was able to get food, check my mail and make two phone calls during that time. I didn't hear or see any masses of people heading towards the central campus location where the Music! a Student Speaker! and Armbands! were to be held. Anyway, so all in all, nothing much happened.

UPDATE: So I had a blonde moment. I just realized that the email I posted says Wednesday, November 20. The protest hasn't happened yet. BUT, I might explain why I was confused. As a student leader on campus, and an adopted member of the sociology department, I got frantic emails asking me to tell my club members and make sure non-departmental students know about the event. We haven't heard a word about it since. No postings to campus announcement boards. Not a peep. There's something strange going on...

...
:: Bitter 10:20 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?