:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Monday, November 25, 2002 ::

Relationships The part of me that earned the name Bitter wants to scream “SUCK!” But I actually have a few not so interesting thoughts to share. Last week, several of the Bitches were joking around with another Bitch that she’s found her Prince Charming. Everything we’ve seen says that he’s perfect for her in every way. They are cute together, and they can talk on the phone for hours on end. He’s even leading her down the “right” path. :) Anyway, I’ve also been thinking about what qualities I’d like to see in the next guy I am involved with for any length of time. Then, out of no where, my friend Josh posted a list of qualities that he wants in the perfect man. I would link to his list, but he doesn’t have links to individual posts. For now you’ll just have to click here and scroll down. His reason for creating this list of 23 qualities?
I’ve been thinking what I want out of a mate lately. Not because I am pining for companionship, but basically because I don’t think I will find what I want if I don’t know what that is.
Needless to say, he has a point. Maybe someday I’ll come up with a comprehensive list for myself. I’ve learned a few lessons by dating assholes that are politically apathetic or don’t agree with me on at least a few issues.

In all of this though, I started thinking about a possible “big day” that might happen if I met the right guy. Why do I think about something that might not ever happen? That’s what chicks do. We’ve all had the big day planned since age five. It’s just a thing that I can’t explain. Blame it on hormones. Whatever. Anyway, thinking about this day, I thought of all the friends and family that I would have there with me. Josh would be there standing with me. He’s been one of the most stable people in my life. I even look forward to his big day. Obviously, several people have thoughtful arguments on this issue that I don’t need to repeat. The argument I want to make is a little more simple than all of those.

I just wonder why my best friend doesn’t get to have the same kind of big day. I can’t even begin to describe how much it hurts me to think about how unfair it is that I can’t be there for him during what is supposed to be one of the best days in someone’s life. I don’t understand religious objections to gay marriage. If a state allows same sex marriage, the churches don’t have to recognize the marriages in their religious beliefs or allow them to take place in their halls. As Baby and I were chatting about this topic, she even pointed out many churches won’t allow some heterosexual couples to marry. I know that my sins will keep me out of some churches. :)

Josh, I love you. I hope that someday you can be with me on my big day. More importantly, I hope that I can be with you to celebrate yours when you do find that perfect man.

...
:: Bitter 12:33 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?