:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, November 15, 2002 ::

So another week has ended, and what do I have to show for it? Well, As far as my academics are concerned, not much. Unfortunately, I've fallen into that bad old habit again...sure, I'll set my alarm clock for 6am and get up early to do ALL my work before class. Right! Who am I kidding? When I consistently go to bed at 3 or 4am every night, it shouldn't surprise me that my alarm clock magically turns itself off and I remain asleep until 10am. Does anyone know of an excessively annoying alarm clock (preferably cheap) that could potentially get my ass up in the morning? I suppose I could go to sleep earlier so that I'm actually well rested by the time 6 or 7am rolls around...nah, that's too simple. Because of my laziness or lack of self control, I am now forced to devote my entire weekend to the preparation of a bio presentation and next week's mid-term.

I feel the need to comment on the PETA demonstration during the taping of the Victoria's Secret fashion show. As a fellow activist, I support these women in their quest to defend and denounce practices they believe are in whatever way unethical. However, when demonstrating, it is important to a) not make yourself look like a bunch of crazy activists. It completely draws attention from your cause. b) draw attention to your cause without giving the media an opportunity to promote another corporation whose practices you also don't agree with (yes, Victoria’s secret has been accused of using sweat shop labor) that will most likely benefit from that advertisement. c) avoid arrest if at all possible. How great is it when you can prove your point without infringing on the law? d) If it's televised, make sure it's a live event. That way you'll avoid "b" and create more press coverage and for your demonstration rather than the event itself. Overall I applaud the efforts of these women. Next time I suggest jumping up on stage when she is actually wearing fur though. I really enjoyed that one time when they poured paint all over some model wearing fur down the run way a few years ago. I think that was a stronger statement. I must admit though, it has always been my wet dream to get arrested for demonstrating a personal political opinion...(sigh)

Well, I’m off to the shower now. Dirty girls with dirty thoughts (and dirty fantasies) need cleansing. The rest of my night will be spent enjoying mindless entertainment (8-mile) with a few of my bitch girls, and awaiting a phone call from my beau, who is away at his Fed Society conference in D.C. (I miss you, sweatheart ;)

...
:: Anonymous 7:31 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?