:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Wednesday, December 25, 2002 ::

Any Ballet Fans Out There? Dave Barry's recent column is for you.
My problem -- and it's MY problem, NOT ballet's problem -- is that, because I am culturally unsophisticated, all ballet looks to me like -- even though I know there is MUCH more to it -- a troupe of mincing mimes. Whatever the ballet plot is about -- love, hate, joy, sorrow, the Russian Revolution, measles -- the reaction of the dancers is: ``It's MINCING time!''
Not happy with his comments on dancing? Well, first you should read the entire column to get a better idea of his true feelings. These aren't even the tip of the iceberg. But, you will be happy to read this:
Well, guess what, ballet lovers? You don't have to write! I am already being punished, severely, for not liking ballet. My daughter has decided, at age 2 ½, that all she wants is to be a ballerina. She has a tutu, which she wears with everything, including her pajamas. She likes to mince and twirl, and she expects her mother and me to mince and twirl with her, with our hands over our heads, ballet-style. We do this a LOT. ''Pirouette 'Til You Puke'' -- that is our motto.
My college roommate was a ballerina. I love her dearly, but I would walk into our room and she would just be prancing. Thank goodness there were no tutus involved, but she did have those pointe shoes that look painful.

...
:: Bitter 3:17 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?