:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Thursday, December 12, 2002 ::

I don't want to hear it. Make it go away. The Agitator was so kind as to post this story about a 21-year-old prick that is going to make headlines tomorrow. Maybe not, but somehow I could see it being a novelty headline. The worst part is that his dad is so well connected that he won't get a sentence of any kind for this shooting. What kind of message will the NRA and gun rights activists be sending if they don't call for this kid to be charged? We talk about enforcing current laws for those that use guns illegally, and this kid did just that. We can't turn our heads to this. I say this because I'm a 21-year-old gun rights "activist" of sorts (if you can define activist as one that sends emails, makes phone calls, introduces new people to the sports, and shows up to rallies and other events when they happen) that will pay the price for this a**hole's actions. Shooters at my age are finally getting some attention and breaking the old white male redneck stereotype of gun owners. Just look over at the Volokh temporarily even larger ass Conspiracy. Sasha is in charge of a gun club at Harvard Law. On their website, they post some of the press attention they've gotten. All of this positive attention ruined by one person.

I got a creepy feeling about this kid when I met him once before. Maybe I'll call my friends that might have the gossip of what's going on to see what's up. One of his co-workers is an alum, and she's his cousin, so she should know what's going on. I personally can't stand her, but I have friends that do. (Hmmm...notice anything about the hiring practices of the ACU if both the prez's son and niece work there??)

...
:: Bitter 11:05 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?