:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 ::

No! No! No! I don't want to believe that it's true! I thought I never had to see Swiss Bitch again! Juan Gato just posted about some of her clones.

Swiss Bitch isn't a good Bitch, she's a bad bitch. She's not actually mean or rude (well she invites herself to join conversations that she's not part of, but that's not the worst thing she could do), she's just annoying as hell. When Preppy and I met her, I think we both rolled our eyes. She was a firstie in our Islam class, and she said it would be part of her "Peace Mediation Studies" major that she's going to design. Now I shouldn't be too harsh because I am also a self designed major. However, I think there's a bit of a difference here. One student that comes into college "knowing" that none of the programs, even the wildly popular and flexible International Relations major, simply will not work out, so she MUST design her own in some touchy feely subject. The other student realized during her junior year that the Sociology and Politics departments simply aren't large enough to accomodate teaching basic courses as well as multiple ones specific to her specific area of interest, American social movements, and designed a major that combined these two related fields, and mixed in elements of her previous self designed (because no department exists that is remotely related to Communications) minor, mass media studies. Anyway, please ignore my ranting that may not make any sense. I've had less than 4 hours of sleep, so I'm a bit spacey.

Curious about her nickname? Well, she's "from" Switzerland (Daddy was appointed to a post there about 2 years ago, until then she'd lived in the States her entire life), and as we all "know," Switzerland is perfect and the United Nations should never be questioned! How could I have forgotten? Bad me. Anyway, Preppy and I referred to her as Swiss Bitch, but it stuck when other people that weren't in the class IMMEDIATELY knew who we were talking about. Apparently, this girl runs around campus constantly talking about Switzerland. It's not good when people have given you a nickname that strangers on campus recognize as you within your first 2 weeks of college.

I may have more to say about this whole self designed studies thing that, more than likely, was the precursor to this Peace Studies major stuff going on all over the country. Unfortunately, I need to be at work in a few minutes. Until then, think about Juan's comment.
...it's indoctrination that these kids' parents are probably paying a metric assload for.
How much is a metric assload, anyway? Is $38,000 a year a metric assload?

...
:: Bitter 9:28 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?