:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Monday, December 23, 2002 ::

Now, The Happiness Since the rants are out of the way, I just wanted to share my happy thoughts. First of all, apparently there are going to be a couple of surprising present for Christmas that I can’t take to my brother’s house to open. This would imply that I can’t have them around my nephew. Is it possible that I could have my first gun under the tree? Wait, we don’t have a tree. Okay, have my first gun near the couch? I doubt it, but we are going to the gun shop tomorrow. I did get one present early, the second season of The Simpsons. Happiness abounds.

What made me really happy was the time to think while I was driving along my merry way (aka before the idiots). I saw several examples of why I LOVE this country, as much as I question policy decisions that could lead us down the wrong path. In no particular order, here they are:

-the silver Honda with the veterans plates and flag stickers in every window in Connecticut
-the old school bus painted white with flowers and peace signs in pastels in New York
-the young couple making a cross country move in the big Ryder truck
-the semi with my name on the back (okay, that was actually kind of creepy because my name isn’t the most common, and especially not the way I spell it)
-the woman with tons of Christmas packages in her backseat
-the fact that I can drive only 12 hours and travel through or near some of the largest and most diverse cities in the world, clear and sunny skies, near white out conditions, and end up in the middle of nowhere Virginia
-the fact that, while there could still be some work done for those less fortunate, most people can afford the technology to be so mobile.

...
:: Bitter 11:25 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?