:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, December 13, 2002 ::

Pink What Aerosmith has to say about it:
Pink it´s my new obsession / Pink it´s not even a question
Pink on the lips of your lover, ´cause / Pink is the love you discover
Pink as the bing on your cherry / Pink ´cause you are so very
Pink it´s the color of passion / `Cause today it just goes with the fashion
Pink it was love at first sight, yea / Pink when I turn out the light, and
Pink gets me high as a kite / And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight / You could be my flamingo
´Coz pink is the new kinda lingo / Pink like a deco umbrella
It´s kink - but you don´t ever tell her / Pink it was love at first sight
Pink when I turn out the light / Pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right / No matter what we do tonight
I want to be your lover / I wanna wrap you in rubber
As pink as the sheets that we lay on / Pink is my favorite crayon, yeah
Pink it was love at first sight / Pink when I turn out the light
Pink it´s like red but not quite / And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight

What Bitter Bitch has to say about it:
There is a girl living in my dorm that wears pink every single day. I see her in the dorm, I see her every damn morning at 8:35 AM because she is in BOTH of my early morning classes. I hate the color pink. Her pink socks, pink sweaters, and pink hair clips are enough to drive anyone batty. Even as a little girl, I did not like pink. I always preferred purple to pink. Now I just prefer red. But aside from all of that, I wanted to find out what all of this pink meant about her personality. That much of any color has to mean something, doesn't it? Unfortunately, my search didn't yield information that was useful, but it sure as hell came up with some amusing results. Nonetheless, here's the breakdown of what the color pink means:
roses - appreciation, "Thank you", grace, perfect happiness, and admiration
webpages - female, cute, cotton-candy
color therapy (?) - soothing conditions of anger and feelings of neglect, awaken compassion, love, and purity, comforting to the emotional energies of the individual, used to treat skin conditions
presentation slides - romance, love, friendship, feminine qualities, and passiveness
men's clothing - upbeat attitude and calming characteristics, and good health (According to the Simpsons, men wearing pink will end up in the looney bin. Hey, who can argue with the Simpsons?)

Now what does all of this mean for that chick? Well, I guess it means she's pretty happy. But, since she's the one that set up a knitting party on the night of the biggest dance of the entire year, I'm going to go with repression. Or, in the spirit of angry feminists, I could argue that she's being oppressed by the patriarchy, forced to wear this color as a sign of her status as a second class citizen. Whatever the hell it is, she's annoying to see that early in the morning.

...
:: Bitter 1:09 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?