:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Thursday, January 30, 2003 ::

Arming Pilots I finally got to attend a session here. Unfortunately for me, I forgot that you probably shouldn't attend sessions on issues that you know fairly well. They are geared for the general public. Anyway, I did at least learn of one new group that I may try to learn more about for a possible job. I also noticed that of 5 speakers, 4 were middle aged males. I have nothing against middle aged men. I just would like to see more women involved. I probably noticed that mainly because the person introducing the session was also male, and I happen to know they passed over a woman to do that job. No, I don't want to erase men from the earth. I just think that women have a better chance at convincing those on the fence about the gun issue. We're not typical in the movement, so it at least gets attention.

Anyway, one panelist, Dave Winston, noted that 96% of comments submitted to the DOT during their open comment period on arming pilots were in favor of it. Nice to see that they give a damn about what the public has to say. Tracy Price, another panelist with the Airline Pilot's Security Alliance, noted several instances where our elected officials bitched about pilots and their supporters participating in government. They were upset that people were actually letting the legislators know what they think. I'm starting to think the idea that once you get rid of the Second (Amendment) that the others will start to go is growing more true everyday.

...
:: Bitter 5:13 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?