:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Saturday, January 18, 2003 ::

As Usual, I'm Confused I thought that Chumbawamba broke up. Right now they are playing at the anti-war rally in DC. And can I just say that even I'm shocked by the low turnout? A few people talked about getting rides down there on one of the chat newsgroups on campus. I expected more based on all the coverage by the *evil corporate conservative media.*

I'm going to continue to update as I feel inspired. Check out CSPAN for this fun.

Key phrases from the speeches: framed by the FBI, racism, war against native peoples, military-industrial complex, *repression!*, say no to war (is that like say no to drugs?), for the benefit of a select few, enslavement, in the spirit of Crazy Horse (that's a new one to me), no blood for oil, end the sanctions now, justice and self-determination, *solidarity!* (it took the second speaker to say it, I'm shocked), imperial domination, racist profiling, end the sanctions now, their attempts to silence us, we are a new voice (see my post here baby), his unjust war, we will not fight his war for big oil, and racist arrogance.

Random Thought: Would this be happening if Gore were in office and making the same damn decisions? Ponder.

A girl's name is Peta. So wrong. So many jokes. Oh, did you know that the money going to the military would be going to fund her scholarship to college if we were weren't going to war with Iraq?

How many f*cking issues are we protesting here? There's no unified message anymore. They might actually have more normal people there if they would create one message and quit going off on these damn tangents.

If this is supposed to be the largest rally in the country, some people might be pretty disappointed elsewhere.

Did you know that the war on Iraq won't clean up the environment? Gee, I had no idea. Okay, they are becoming redundant. Although, I am shocked by the consistent references to the Bible and Christianity. It's not bad either. Not even the chants started by the speakers are working with the crowd.

Interesting Observation: Isn't it amazing how many people at this damn rally are holding or wearing things made by the evil corporations? There are some really nice cameras there in the crowd. They aren't in the hands of professional photographers either.

They just announced they are organizing more rallies on February 15. Big fun.

Oh, before I go, my favorite chant just started. 1, 2, 3, 4, we don't want your racist war! How original!! Oh wait, as soon as the speaker stopped yelling, the crowd got quiet.

Finally, new messages. We should impeach George W. Bush. SUVs are *oppressive.* Oops, wait, those aren't new messages.

Ramsey Clark, former attorney general, is claiming that discussion of the use of nuclear weapons is an impeachable offense. I don't think I've ever heard that one before. According to him it is in the Constitution. I have a copy that I keep in my purse, so I'll check it out. I've read it many times before, but I really don't recall the mention of nuclear weapons. Ohhhh...an impeach Bush chant just started, and they promise to start a website in a few days.

I will give them credit for growing. There are more people there than before, though still not as many as I would expect. I guess the college kids had to get over their hangovers this morning. Actually, I like Juan Gato's take on it.

Kick ass. Al Sharpton is up now. Cynthia McKinney now. She's a champion for civil rights. At least, that's what the chant they started to introduce her. I felt like I was watching a high school football pep rally.

They are claiming more than 200,000 in attendance. I can't tell because I'm only listening. It's amazing how many "greetings" we are getting from countries that hate us. There's so much love being spread around.

Whoooaaaa! Mona Lisa is a man. I'm so confused and lost.

Jessica Lange! Public policy guru. How could I forget about her? She's speaking on behalf of all mothers and fathers now. Wow, she's such an inspiration.

So many oppressed college kids. They didn't get one of their permits.

Jesse Jackson. Now we're talking. He loves us! I feel so...violated.

Did you know that reparations is the next battle for ANSWER after they stop the war in Iraq? Well, at least one speaker asked everyone to take that issue up after this one. This is why they are going to alienate people who may not be for war, but don't identify with smelly hippies that take up any cause that's popular. Randomly overheard: Condi Rice is a man?? Oh wait, I forgot that in academics, sex and gender are only social constructs.

Okay there was a break in watching the protest so I could take a phone call. There were some women singing when I turned the television back on. Nothing exciting. I think they've already gone through all their famous speakers. I'm going to take a shower now. Washing my hair will certainly be more entertaining than this.

FINALLY! Mumia was just now mentioned at 1:45 PM EST. Did you know that March 24 - April 4 is Free Mumia Week. (Do they know that it's two weeks??) Perfect. I'll be back to school from break by then.

Why is it that when I head off to the shower, it gets good? Now they are calling on revolution because the capitialist system is keeping everyone down. Technology is evil. Again organizers: You are alienating any *normal* people that might be interested in no war with Iraq.

They ran out of time. Poor them. I'm sure it's somehow the media's fault.

...
:: Bitter 11:04 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?