:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Sunday, January 26, 2003 ::

Hi guys! I'm fresh off a plane and missing Madrid like anything. I'm not saying I'm sorry to be back at my wonderful all women's institution admist the cow pies, rolling hills and -25 weather, but nothing compares to the night life of Madrid! I really need to get a job as a travel editor for Conde Nast instead of struggling as a starving artist (OK, "struggling" as a high class opera student at a premier liberal arts institution, but still...) If any of you need a travelling companion I speak fluent Spanish and I'm learning French and I'm good company too! So, Madrid-Late night all night dancing, Sangria, Granada, Prado, Ex-boyfriends, Chupitas, Tapas, Hot clothes and hotter men, Rastro, Flamenco Tablaos, Dance studios, Metro, Ladronas (grrr) and a thousand other memories I could never explain or share in such a small space. Seriously, I really enjoyed learning how to dance Flamenco in our brief interterm and if you'd want to find out more about interterm (J-term) there's a great article on CNN.

More interesting perhaps is the difference in representation between El Pais (official and most unbiased Madrid newspaper) and The New York Times regarding the War on Iraq. Let's just say the picture was very different from Europe. Anyway, I apologize for not posting regularly but internet in Spain can still be hard to come by and I really prefer to check out Madrid face to face rather than face to computer. Take care...the only reason I'm glad to be back is because of my great friends!!! (Yes, I'm talking about my lovely and decidedly un-bitchy bitches :-) )

...
:: Anonymous 11:23 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?