:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Saturday, January 18, 2003 ::

Ummm...Okay
The theory that teenagers are replacing their smoking addiction with a less negative habit--frequent cell phone use--does not seem to be true among teenagers in Finland, according to a report released Thursday.
I can honestly say that I never thought about whether teens in Finland stopped smoking in favor of cell phones. In the spirit of today's protests, I suppose it can all be blamed on the fact that I don't think very globally.
Teens in Finland who report excessive cell phone use may have a lifestyle that includes "risky or health-endangering ways," according to the Finnish researcher.
What's the definition of risky? I'm just curious. I'll probably be an "excessive cell phone" user because I just got an upgrade to unlimited nights and weekends. Hehehe.
Extreme cell phone use may indicate rebellion among teens whose interests appear to be directed more toward leisure and "street culture" than their schooling, she explained. (Emphasis added.)
I wonder how much money they wasted to come to that conclusion.

...
:: Bitter 10:35 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?