:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Thursday, February 13, 2003 ::

And I Just Thought Girls On Campus Were A Little Pissed Apparently some people are truly pissed off about the misleading Joe Millionaire commercials.
"We got duped. We totally got duped," viewer Cynthia Wiggin of San Carlos said Wednesday. She dismissed the episode as "Total filler. A whole filler night."
CBS' "Late Show" with Letterman showed a familiar video clip Tuesday of Osama bin Laden speaking in a cave -- but this time, he supposedly was fuming about Fox.
"The treachery of the infidels has reached a new height," said a voiceover offering a mock translation. "We had been led to believe that last night would be the finale of 'Joe Millionaire.' "
...
A chat board on Fox's official "Joe Millionaire" Web site was smoking with comments from angry fans.
"I really don't know if I am going to watch the last show or not," one person wrote. "At this point I am soooo mad I don't care who wins. Anyone else feel this way?"
"No, I will not watch the finale," read a subsequent posting. "Fox has lied to us, and I feel that they should be punished for that. ... Bad move, guys. It will be a while before I put my trust back into Fox."
I was unhappy about it myself. I wasted one hour of my life watching stuff I already watched. Yes, I am a Joe Millionaire fan. I admit that I watch that crap. But, I just loved the response from Fox.
Fox said it didn't intend to suggest Marriott was going to make his decision.
"The payoff was always going to be on February 17," spokesman Scott Grogin said Tuesday. "It's possible we were a little over the top with our promos and we're sorry if people felt misled."
...
Even the pros found Fox's approach misleading. The entertainment news magazine "Access Hollywood" had reported Monday that Marriott's decision would be revealed that night.
"It just shows how low it can go," said "Access Hollywood" executive producer Rob Silverstein. "I thought it was pretty blatant and I think it upset quite a number of people. It upset us."

...
:: Bitter 6:21 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?