:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 ::

Funny Stuff So there was an exchange that I won't go into to much detail about between Preppy, a group putting on a production on campus, and me. It wasn't pleasant. I just find it amazing how I'm being accused of calling people racist because I asked the producer and directors to remove references to a character based on me portrayed as a flaming racist felon.

UPDATE: So apparently the skit has been changed and people are mad. Strangely enough, even though the producer swore up and down that the character wasn't based on me (funny since it had a student from the South living in the basement of a specific dorm that has political beliefs differing from most students here and I happen to live on the same floor with only 8 other women, am the only one from the South and am very vocal about my differing political beliefs, particularly on the issue they are tackling...), apparently people are upset because they changed the dorm the student lives in. Now, if this student isn't based on me, why does it matter what dorm she lives in? Hmmm...

Oh yeah, and apparently asking me to not be represented as a felon is a little too much to ask. First thinks I'm overreacting because they take a jab at her in a skit. They also don't call her a racist felon, and I don't think she appreciates how much that makes the difference in what a "joke" about a specific person represents. The bigger problem though is in the cast. Apparently they are talking about how I can't take a joke because I don't think that calling fellow students racist felons is very funny, especially when I'm that student. It was interesting that apparently those in charge left out the fact that they were accusing another student of committing a felony in the original skit when they announced the changes. So now it's just that I don't have a sense of humor because I don't like making jokes about racism and innocent people being accused of crimes...

I am bitter at the world right now. Some people might find it best not to talk to me in case I go off on them.

UPDATE II: Did you know that Preppy and I "can't take a joke like everyone else on this campus" and we need to "grow up"? Because being called a racist felon is the same as a joke about dining halls or how the administration works, or whatnot. Hell, we even suggested changes to joke about our ideological differences. We found that far more acceptable and reasonable than calling individuals racist felons. Keep forwarding me the hate emails Preppy...

...
:: Bitter 5:48 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?