:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Sunday, February 16, 2003 ::

The Vagina Monolouges I saw the Vagina Monolouges for the very first time in my life tonight. I have to say it was an experience. I'm not going to say I absolutely loved it all, and I'm not going to say that I hated it all either. I don't know, I guess it wasn't so much celebrating women as much as I think something like that should be. I just had the feeling that the entire night was a big male bashing session. Yes, men are often behind violence against women, but that doesn't mean that we should be angry and write off the entire sex. It seemed that the message of the night is that men are opressive bastards and that women are the victims of it. This was slamed home in the performance of "What It Feels Like For A Girl" by Madonna. That always grates on me, because I believe every human is equally capable to accomplish his or her goals. I thought the whole thing about feminism was to be treated as an equal despite what "society" says you should do.

I also believe every person is responsible for her own safety and well being. The V-Day campaign's main goal is to end violence against women. Well, the best way I can see of ending violence towards women is letting those bastards who think that they can harm me just because I am a woman, know that I can take care of myself by any means necessary. Personally I think every woman needs to take a RAD course, and be taught proper firearm usage. Then maybe these scum bags will think twice before they lay a finger on a woman. And young girls need to be taught that no one has a right to hurt or touch or do anything to them, and to stand up and say something if anyone does.

Hating men is not the answer. Blaming men is not the answer. That brings you to the fem-nazi level.

On another note, I'd also have to say that I guess I love the Patriarchy. I like my thongs. I have yet to find anything quite so comfortable. According to one of the monologues, thongs make vaginas angry. I'll tell you what mine wasn't angry while I was sitting there wearing a thong. Oh yeah, Bitter and Spooky, those waxes you intend on getting next month, yeah, you're about to become victims of the Patriarchy too. Apparently hair is part of the vagina, and shaving/waxing it off is an oppressive action. Sorry girls.

...
:: Anonymous 1:56 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?