:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, March 28, 2003 ::

Assumptions Much? Gotta love the campus mindset:
k so I'm a bit Teed off that my friends in the Middle East keep sending me links of pictures and articles on AlJazeera and I can't get to them. about two days ago the site was accessible and i sent it to lots of my american friends all over the country. a ton of them e-mailed me back and said they couldn't get to the site. Now I can't get to it anymore. the The US government has no right to block the site. I want the truth! At least aljazeera is showing us the other side. I thought if i enabled my arabic windows then maybe i could get to the site. I started downloading it in Arabic and at first the pictures were coming in then all of a sudden my screen went blank with blue streaks. The only picture i saw was of a procesion of coffins...I thought this was the United States of America; Freedom of the press. This is not Saudi Arabia, where they filter a lot of internet sites that go in and out of the country. Bush has no right to decide what americans should and should not see.
At least one person made a point after posting that they'd been suffering numerous hacking attempts.
It is very strange that you should assume that the US government would block any site. You're right--this is not Saudi Arabia.
One more person reacted a little more dramatically, but I can't say that I was sad to see it.
I actually heard about why there have been so many problems w/ the Al-Jazeera site. There have been massive problems with the site b/c MILLIONS OF PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE ALL TRYING TO LOG ON TO THE SITE 24 HOURS A DAY! I am quite sure it has nothing to do with the President. As much as I don't like him, he is not foolish enough to try and block a website. Perhaps the website is experiencing additional problems due to hackers, but before you blame the US Federal Government of limiting our access to free and open media, which would be a violation of constitutional rights, consider that Al-Jazeera has said itself that the website is experiencing severe technical difficulties and they are trying their best to keep up with the insatiable demand.
One would almost think that there's some hope for at least a few students here. I honestly love how people are screaming censorship because a website is busy.

...
:: Bitter 7:56 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?