:: The Bitch Girls ::

Where the Personal becomes the Political at our whim...
:: Welcome to The Bitch Girls :: bloghome | bitter at thebitchgirls.us ::
[::..update..::]
:: We've moved! Come visit us at our new home. However, for those days that Dreamhost pisses us off, this is our backup site.


[::..archive..::]

:: Friday, March 07, 2003 ::

Oh No, She Did Not Just Say That
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.
I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college. I hate my college.

The head of admissions here at the college had this to say about the Simpsons piece with the Seven Sisters.
"We say bravo to Lisa Simpson for refusing to throw the spelling bee, even though her scruples cost her a free college education. Lisa sounds like the kind of bright, talented, principled, independent young women who thrives at *our college*. We would certainly consider her for early admission - or, in her case, early, early, early admission. She'd want to bring her saxophone and guitar, but she really should lose the pearls."
What the hell does losing the pearls mean about coming here? Let's reinforce every damn stereotype we have. We can't have girly girls here. Nope, that would go against strong women. It's not like those strong women who make it to the top of their careers don't have to wear pearls at some point. I know, I'm overreacting to nothing. I just immediately read stereotypes and also thought about what that could mean towards Republican women since they are often characterized by the idea that they all wear pearls. I'm sorry. I had to rant. I also hate my job with the college if that counts for anything.

...
:: Bitter 1:02 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?